After gluing up my split finger Euan and I had two more days sport climbing in the French Alps. We both got to finnish off the routes we had been trying over the last week and after looking at the up and coming weather forcast we decided to head home a few days earlier. No one was going into the mountains to climb because of the amount of snow that had fallen over the last few days and it was forcast to rain in the valley for the duration so we packed up our kit and headed for the ferry to Britain.
Now that we’re back we are both psyched to contiue to make the most of the scottish good weather befor the winter conditions close in and the mixed season rolls into action.
Over the last 2 days Euan and I have been sport climbing in the valley. The weather in the mountains is not looking good for the rest of the trip, so it looks like its the single pitch stuff for the duration. Today I fell off the last move of a 7b due to a pretty bad split tip. I’ve glued it up and hope to be back climbing on Wednesday to finnish off some projects befor I head home.
Yesterday Euan and I met up with some friends that were staying in the area for some social valley cragging. We went to La Duchere near Les Contamines. We both did some single pitch routes ranging from 6b to 7a. It was a fun relaxing day in the sun.
On Saturday Euan and I went to have a look at a crag we had not been to before called “Bionnasey’’. This crag has something for everyone, whether you prefer 20m 6a’s or 40m 8b’s. I had a play around on a short route but we did not have much time because we were heading up to Lac Bleu on the Midi Plan that night to camp ready for an early start on Sunday. We got the last lift up to the Plan that night and headed over to Lac Bleu just in time to catch the sunset over the Chamonix Massif.
After a 44 hour long epic journey, which involved our car breaking down and some very broken French comunicating to try and get it back on the road, we are finaly back in the amazing French Alps.
Yesterday we went to a very good sport crag in Le Fayet. Euan and I both did a good little 7a and then we moved on to some harder steeper routes, 7c and 7b. Both routes should get dispatched soon. Because of the bad weather forcast we are sceptical to head into the mountains until it gets better so overhanging sport crags will have to surfice for the now.